You could learn all of the social media marketing tips, tricks, trends and best practices in the world, and it still wouldn’t solve one of the biggest challenges so many Realtors face when it comes to managing social on a day-to-day basis:
“What the heck to post about?!”
See if you can relate to this:
You know that there’s value in social posting for building awareness about your real estate business and your listings, so you find a few spare minutes in your busy schedule and sit down at your computer to publish some posts.
But then your mind goes blank:
- What should you say?
- How should you say it?
- And when, and on what network?
- What do your followers want to see?
- What do they want to know?
- What about photos and videos?
- And what about tags, hashtags and links?
It’s a lot to consider!
It’s why many Real Estate Agents either give up and leave their Timelines and Newsfeeds outdated (or worse) empty, or fill them with quick-and-dirty content that’s posted just for the sake of posting.
But it’s no wonder! After all, you’re busy—very busy! You’re out showing homes, shaking hands, meeting clients, buying, and selling and helping people fulfil their real estate dreams.
You don’t have time to sit around trying to dream up real estate social media post ideas, let alone craft posts that follow best practices and help to fulfil your agency’s goals. That’s where curated social posts come in.
What are curated social posts?
Curated social posts for Realtors are pre-written posts, blurbs or captions that you buy, modify to make your own, and publish to your social accounts as you would your own original posts.
And if those curated posts are good (ie: created by social media marketing experts), it’s an excellent way to get content online in much less time and with much less effort than creating posts from scratch.
Today you can find all kinds of curated content providers online. Some provide just post ideas, while others provide finished, ready-to-publish posts. Some include photos, others don’t. Some are presented in a calendar, others are provided on-screen. Some are one-time purchases and others are subscription based.
There are myriad variations. The most important thing is to find a solution that’s affordable, quick and easy, and provides best practices posts (designed to grab attention, get engagement and build buzz) while still allowing you to inject your own personality—to make them uniquely you!
That last part is key.
You’re a successful Realtor because of your personality—friendly, approachable, hardworking, creative, a problem-solver, a great negotiator. And you want to make sure that your curated posts allow you to share all those wonderful parts of you.
So of course you’ll share your new listings on social (a fabulous way to get more eyes on each property) but you also want to build an engaged social following that’s invested in you, your expertise, and what you have to say.
Here’s how it works:
- You sign-up; subscription-based model
- You get a set number of generic or fill-in-the-blanks social posts or ideas for social posts (prompts)
- You get some element of creative asset support (like ideas for photos, videos and/or templates, links to suggested royalty-free or for-purchase photos, videos and/or templates, or access to photos, videos and/or templates included with your subscription
- Some service subscriptions also offer some element of information, education, training, tips or support
- Then you take the posts and creative assets and “make them your own”, publishing that content to your social accounts as if it was yours!
So how do you choose the best curated posts provider?
The best content curation providers offer the following:
- A system that’s super easy to use
- Pitch-perfect post captions
- Photos, graphics or editable templates
- Social media marketing ideas for real estate
- Strategic social planning advice and support
Fact: Using a (good) social media content curation tool will save you time, money and stress. It’s that simple.
- Time: Instead of spending hours wondering what to post, done-for-you social posts and post ideas for Realtors can be customized and published in minutes. (You can even save more time by batch-scheduling social posts in advance (either inside the social networks themselves, or with a Social Dashboard like Buffer, Hootsuite or Sprout Social.)
- Money: Hiring an agency to manage your social media marketing is likely best practice for big real estate agencies, but can be cost-prohibitive. Luckily, you can do it yourself and find success, so long as you do it well. High-quality curated content will help, allowing you to avoid wasting time wondering what to post — work smarter, not harder. It’s less expensive than hiring a digital agency and (time is money!) will allow you to spend more time out growing your business in other ways.
- Success: Getting social media ideas and content for real estate from an expert will help you to avoid some of the pitfalls Realtors make when they first start in social. And if you choose a good tool, you’ll get content that’s been created to help you achieve common agency goals, like building brand awareness, growing followers, increasing engagement, promoting listings and driving traffic.
Ready to get posting?
Social Marketer is made for Realtors. For just $29/month, you can get a social post for every day of the month delivered to your email’s inbox that can be customized and published in minutes.
That’s 30 easy-to-customize captions written just for Real Estate Professional like you, unlimited access to an ever-growing collection of professionally-designed, fully-editable Canva templates, stock photo suggestions, social media marketing ideas for real estate, resources for Realtors, access to online training, tips, hacks and much more.