Social media marketing is a very valuable tool for business owners and brand managers. When done well, it can be one of the fastest, most affordable and most effective ways to build a brand online, grow a following, drive targeted traffic, increase conversions and more.
But because there are so many moving parts it can be easy to make mistakes, wasting time and resources on tactics that simply won’t work (or, worse, hurt a brand’s reputation).
Luckily we can learn a lot from our tourism industry peers and competitors. Where have they made missteps on social media and how can we avoid making them ourselves? Here are 10 of the most common ones:
- Not starting with a solid social media marketing strategy
- Failing to define, find and “speak to” your target audience(s)
- Failing to establish your social persona; failing to find your voice
- Failing to achieve clear, consistent and persuasive branding across channels
- Not taking enough care with content
- Trying to “set it and forget it”
- Being “self-centred”; not performing meaningful engagement
- Counting on organic growth; not using paid tools
- Not tracking results; failing to measure success
The good news? Avoiding these mistakes is easy. Learn how now by downloading the free guide from the social media marketing pros at National Digital Academy.
And then plan to maximize your social media marketing know-how by taking Social Marketer’s “Intro to Social Media for Business Growth” , an on-demand online course designed to help entrepreneurs, business owners and everybody in between plan, build, publish, promote and measure success in social media as a key component of building a business online.
Need help with social media marketing planning, setup, management for your business? Talk to the experts at Social Marketer today.
Related Reading – Small Business Social Media Hacks:
- Small Business Social Media Content Subscription – Say goodbye to wondering what to post on social media: get monthly social media posts, photos, strategy and training for $39/month. Learn more at Social Marketer
- How to Find the Best Social Media Post Ideas For Your Business?
- Free Social Posts – Looking for free social media captions, ideas and photos?